DEADLINE TO SUBMIT APPLICATIONS HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO:
11:59PM, EASTERN TIME, THURSDAY, MAY 13, 2010
Applicants must submit the following electronically to Ms. Joan Kim via e-mail by May13th to complete your application. Please download the application form and save a copy to edit directly to the Word document.
1. Application Form (download Word Document here)
2. Concept Paper Two-page concept paper proposing a research project integrating genetic and social work research to address a public health problem. The statement should also address the significance of the project to public health. The concept paper should include the following:
- Specific Aims of the Study
- Background and Significance of the Issue Addressed
- Research Design and Methods
- Data Analysis Plan
- Implications and Limitations of the Research
3. Curriculum vitae for the PI
4. Signed letter of support from the PI’s Dean or Department Chair
5. One-page Personal Statement describing your research and career interests and how this course will benefit you.
Please submit the above as 5 separate attachments to ONE email to Joan Kim: firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT APPLICATIONS ELECTRONICALLY: NO LATER THAN 11:59PM EASTERN TIME ON MAY 13, 2010. SUMMER INSTITUTE PROGRAM PLANNING COMMITTEE WILL SELECT AWARDEES AND NOTIFY THEM BY JUNE 4.
Number of Participants: Approximately 35 participants.
No fee is charged for the Summer Institute Program. Room and board and materials will be covered by NIH. Travel expenses and the cost of meals not provided for you will be reimbursed at the conclusion of the Institute.